Saturday, March 29, 2008

When Roller Derby and Knitting Collide

I'm sorry, but this is just damn cool. My friend's daughter Toni Carr, also known as Joan of Dark #5 when she's skating with the Naptown Roller Girls, has just sold her first book, Knockdown Knits: 30 Projects from the Roller Derby Track.

With its rowdy atmosphere, fast-paced jams, and heart-stopping pile-ups, roller derby is the fastest growing sport in the nation. This book will feature 30 hip designs by the Naptown Roller Girls of Indianapolis, who are aggressive skaters and avid knitters. Projects include an on-the-move felted skate bag, Dill and Brownie's beer saver, and an arm sling. Other fun, derby-inspired patterns will appeal to innovative knitters searching for truly unique patterns as well as derby girls and their legions of fans.

Ooh, a customized arm sling and a beer saver -- I know what I'm making my publisher for Hannukah!

No comments: